How to Make Blue Roses
1. Fill a vase approximately half full of water. Make sure the vase is large enough to hold all of the blue roses you are creating. It’s easier to make one large batch than several smaller batches.
2. Add several drops of blue food coloring to the water. Add more food coloring for darker blue roses, and less food coloring for lighter blue roses.
3. Use a sharp knife to cut a small notch in the bottom of each of the white rose stems. This will make it easier for them to absorb the color, and you’ll see results more quickly.
4. Place the cut white roses in the vase of colored water. Allow them to remain in the water for at least 24 hours for the best results. They should be left alone for a minimum of 8 hours to fully absorb the color.
5. Remove the roses from the water and absorb any excess water from the stems with paper towels. Your roses should be a blue color relative to the amount of food coloring you added to the water.
Just because blue roses don’t exist naturally, doesn’t mean we can’t have them. Create your own with those five easy steps listed above. :)
Photo and instructions from eHow.
- isabellaskyz reblogged this from eloisahuet and added:
- isabellaskyz likes this
- trinatoxic likes this
- my-twisted-fate likes this
- lewmpia likes this
- thii2-viiru2-called-liife likes this
- kim-quim likes this
- tropical-sundae reblogged this from nyu-rotic
- cat-reactor likes this
- si-siw likes this
- shootingstar-wishes likes this
- bakenyanko likes this
- annisnthereanymore reblogged this from nyu-rotic and added:
- nyu-rotic reblogged this from eloisahuet
- skittles015 likes this
- vanessathereese reblogged this from eloisahuet
- my-silly-life-0596 reblogged this from unleemited
- my-silly-life-0596 likes this
- unleemited reblogged this from eloisahuet and added:
- affairuntru reblogged this from eloisahuet
- affairuntru likes this
- newxbravexworld reblogged this from eloisahuet
- newxbravexworld likes this
- dottie89 reblogged this from eloisahuet
- dottie89 likes this
- eloisahuet posted this